Families will find kid-friendly activities in Auburn, and visitors give high marks for the university vibe and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events, shopping and local tours. Top sights around the area include Jordan-Hare Stadium and Chewacla State Park.
- You'll find 153 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Auburn - Opelika
- The closest major airport is in Columbus, GA (CSG-Columbus Metropolitan), 32.1 mi (51.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Auburn
The city's natural beauty is on display at Chewacla State Park, Louise Kreher Forest Ecology Preserve and Kiesel Park. Taking a tour is just one of the top activities, while Beard-Eaves Memorial Coliseum and Moore's Mill Golf Club are sights to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Jules Collins Smith Museum of Fine Arts to your agenda.
In Opelika, you'll find 59 hotels and other accommodation options to make it easy to plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Auburn - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Courtyard by Marriott Auburn - Our customers like the dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Auburn - University Area - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Jordan-Hare Stadium, 0.5 mi/0.8 km from the city centre.
Dressing for Auburn
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 22°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 28°C during the day and 1°C at night
- About 1337 millimetres of rain falls on Auburn each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 2°C