Families will find kid-friendly activities in Atascadero, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its wineries, cafes and entertainment. Estrella Warbirds Museum, Morro Bay State Park and Morro Rock are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 725 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of San Luis Obispo
- The closest major airport is in San Luis Obispo, CA (SBP-San Luis Obispo County Regional), 17.3 mi (27.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Atascadero
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Faces of Freedom Veterans Memorial. Wine tasting is a top activity, and Chalk Mountain Golf Course is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Atascadero Lake Park and Charles Paddock Zoo.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Atascadero. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Springhill Suites by Marriott Paso Robles Atascadero - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
- Carlton Hotel - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atascadero - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and WiFi.
Popular places to see outside the city include Estrella Warbirds Museum, 12.4 mi/19.9 km from the heart of the city, and Morro Bay State Park, which is 13.2 mi (21.3 km) away.
Dressing for Atascadero
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 18°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 26°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Atascadero is 18 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 3°C