Visitors can enjoy all that Asuncion has to offer including the football games, zoo and waterfalls. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its casinos. A top sight in the city is Shopping del Sol.
- There are 150 hotels and other accommodation options in Asuncion
- The closest major airport is in Asuncion (ASU-Silvio Pettirossi Intl.), 5.5 mi (8.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Asuncion
Cultural venues in the city include Paraguayan-American Cultural Center, Museum of South American Football and Guido Boggiani Archaeological and Ethnographic Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Plaza de Armas, Lambare Hill and Catedral de San Lorenzo. The city's natural beauty is on display at Aregua Municipal Beach, Nu Guasu Park and Ypacarai Lake.
In Luque, you'll find 150 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Factoria Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and bar.
- Hotel Bourbon Assunção Convention Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
- La Mision Hotel Boutique - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Asuncion include Shopping del Sol.
Dressing for Asuncion
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 35°C and the night-time average to be 19°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 31°C during the day and 12°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 35°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Asuncion is 1325 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually January and December with an average temperature of 35°C, while the coldest months are June and July with an average of 12°C