Search Hotels in Amares
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 22 Jul 2019
Reviewed on 27 Jan 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 20 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 20 Aug 2019
Visitors to Amares are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, parks and monuments. Around the area, top sights include Bom Jesus do Monte, Sameiro Sanctuary and Santa Barbara Garden.
- There are 30 hotels and other accommodation options in Amares
- The closest major airport is in Porto (OPO-Dr. Francisco de Sa Carneiro), 33.2 mi (53.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Amares
A favourite place to visit in the city is Nossa Senhora da Abadia. In the area, you'll also find Bom Jesus do Monte and Sameiro Sanctuary.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 30 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Amares. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Pensão Residencial Corredoura - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Hotel Peninsular - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 1-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Popular places to see in the area include Santa Barbara Garden, 8.1 mi/13 km from the city centre, and Archbishop's Palace, which is 8.1 mi/13.1 km away.
Dressing for Amares
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 4°C
- From April to June, the average is 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Amares is 1257.80 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 24°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Amares?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Amares, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay for families in Amares?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Amares?
What's the best hotel in Amares that's close to historical sites?
Amares Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Amares by Star Rating
- Hotels near Amares Airports
- Areas of Amares
- Accommodation near Amares Attractions
- More accommodation types in Amares
- Choose Your Amares Hotel Style
- Search Amares Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Amares
- Hotels Near Amares, Braga District
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends