Visitors to Amares are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, parks and monuments. Around the area, top sights include Bom Jesus do Monte, Sameiro Sanctuary and Santa Barbara Garden.
- There are 30 hotels and other accommodation options in Amares
- The closest major airport is in Porto (OPO-Dr. Francisco de Sa Carneiro), 33.2 mi (53.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Amares
A favourite place to visit in the city is Nossa Senhora da Abadia. In the area, you'll also find Bom Jesus do Monte and Sameiro Sanctuary.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 30 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Amares. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Pensão Residencial Corredoura - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Hotel Peninsular - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 1-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Popular places to see in the area include Santa Barbara Garden, 8.1 mi/13 km from the city centre, and Archbishop's Palace, which is 8.1 mi/13.1 km away.
Dressing for Amares
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 4°C
- From April to June, the average is 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Amares is 1257.80 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 24°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°C