History buffs will enjoy exploring Braga, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the a cathedral. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, football games and temples. Top sights in the city include Santa Barbara Garden, Archbishop's Palace and Braga Cathedral (Se Braga).
- There are 165 hotels and other accommodation options in Braga
- The closest major airport is in Porto (OPO-Dr. Francisco de Sa Carneiro), 25.1 mi (40.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Braga
Cultural venues in the city include Theatro Circo, Pius XII Museum and Medina Museum. Its cathedrals and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Archbishop's Palace, Braga Cathedral (Se Braga) and Bom Jesus do Monte. Other notable sights to explore include Santa Barbara Garden and Sameiro Sanctuary.
In Guimarães, you'll find 165 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Vila Galé Collection Braga - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and pool.
- Collector's Hostel - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hostel. Guests who stay at this 2-star hostel in Old Town can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Mercure Braga Centro - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness centre, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and convenient parking.
Popular places to visit in the area include Citania de Briteiros, 5.9 mi/9.4 km from the city centre, and Parque Nacional da Peneda-Geres, which is 25.2 mi (40.5 km) away.
Getting around Braga
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Braga Station. Braga might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Braga
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 4°C
- From April to June, the average is 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- About 1257.80 millimetres of rain falls on Braga each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 24°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°C