Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Alijo, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the riverfront, bars and wineries. The welcoming and relaxing setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodation options in Alijo
- The closest major airport is in Vila Real (VRL), 12.2 mi (19.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Alijo
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and such places to visit as Jardim da Avenida Doutor Francisco Sa Carneiro and Jardim Publico Doutor Matos Cordeiro. Top activities include exploring the port and wine tasting, while Quinta da Roeda is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Igreja Matriz de Alijo to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 9 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Alijo. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Rural Quinta do Silval - This 4-star hotel features a winery, free breakfast and a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and pool.
- The Vintage House - Douro - Our customers like the convenient parking and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a marina, free breakfast and a restaurant.
- Pousada Barão de Forrester - This 3-star pousada features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Dressing for Alijo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 25°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and night-time averages of 5°C
- Average annual rainfall for Alijo is 1270 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 24°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 5°C