History buffs will enjoy exploring Alghero, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and archaeological sites. Top sights in the city include Nuraghe di Palmavera, Anghelu Ruju Necropolis and Neptune's Grotto.
- There are 706 hotels and other accommodation options in Alghero
- The closest major airport is in Alghero (AHO-Fertilia), 5.2 mi (8.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Alghero
Cultural venues in the city include Nuraghe di Palmavera, Anghelu Ruju Necropolis and Coral Museum. Attractions like Alghero Aquarium and Le Ragnatele Adventure Park are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Church of St. Francis, Piazza Civica, and Alghero Walls.
In Sassari, you can choose from 706 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Agriturismo Maris - With a stay at this farm house in Sa Segada, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- B&B Benebenniu - Our customers like the quiet location and WiFi at this townhouse accommodation. This townhouse in Alghero City Centre features free breakfast, free WiFi and concierge services.
- Hotel Domomea - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and convenient parking.
Other top sights in Alghero include Neptune's Grotto and Maria Pia Beach. Popular places to see outside the city include St. Nicholas Cathedral, located 17.3 mi (27.8 km) from the city centre, and Giovanni Antonio Sanna National Museum, which is 17.4 mi (28 km) away.
Dressing for Alghero
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 18°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 7°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 8°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Alghero is 556.20 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 7°C