Visitors can enjoy all that Akita has to offer including the hot springs, museums and zoo. Tourists can also enjoy the city's football games, theme park and spas.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodation options in Akita
- The closest major airport is in Akita (AXT), 6.8 mi (11 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Odate (ONJ-Odate - Noshiro), 34.4 mi (55.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Akita
Cultural venues in the city include Taiheizanmiyoshi Shrine, Mining Museum of Akita University and Atorian. The city is notable for landmarks like Old Kaneko Family House, Akita Municipal Gymnasium and Old Kurosawa House Housing. The city's natural beauty is on display at Shenshu Park, Mt. Taihei Resort Park and Mt. Taihei.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Akita. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Metropolitan Akita - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Dormy Inn Akita Natural Hot Spring - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and parking, along with free WiFi.
- Toyoko Inn Akita-eki Higashi-guchi - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Akita
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and -2°C at night
- Akita gets about 1205 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of -3°C