Visitors to Achnasheen are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its parks. A top sight in the area is Ullapool Harbour.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodation options in Achnasheen
- The closest major airport is in Stornoway (SYY), 49.3 mi (79.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Inverness (INV), 51.2 mi (82.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Achnasheen
The city's natural beauty is on display at Loch Maree, Inverewe Gardens and Gruinard Bay Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Gruinard Island and Beinn Eighe Nature Reserve.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Achnasheen. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Old Mill Highland Lodge - With a stay at this 3-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room coffee machine. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
- The Torridon - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Loch Maree Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room coffee machine. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Ullapool Harbour, located 17.6 mi (28.3 km) from the city centre, and Plockton Harbour, which is 25.5 mi/41 km away.
Getting around Achnasheen
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Achnasheen Station. Achnasheen might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Achnasheen
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 7°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 13°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 14°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 11°C and night-time averages of 4°C
- Achnasheen gets about 31 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 14°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 3°C