Visitors can enjoy all that Aalst has to offer including the cathedral, monuments and festivals. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its forests. Around the area, top sights include Mini-Europe, Atomium and Manneken Pis Statue.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodation options in Aalst
- The closest major airport is in Brussels (BRU-Brussels - National), 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Antwerp (ANR-Antwerp Intl.), 23.7 mi (38.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Aalst
The city's cultural venues include Netwerk / Center For Contemporary Art and 't Gasthuys - Stedelijk Museum. Notable city landmarks like Aldermen's House and St. Margaretha Church might be worth a visit. In the area, you'll also find Mini-Europe and Atomium.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 10 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Aalst. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Premier Keizershof Hotel - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Tower Hotel - Our customers like the central location and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
- Ibis Aalst Centrum - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a bar. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and central location.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Manneken Pis Statue, located 14.1 mi (22.6 km) from the heart of the city, and La Grand Place, which is 14.1 mi/22.7 km away.
Getting around Aalst
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Aalst Station, Aalst Erembodegem Station or Aalst-Kerrebroek Station. Aalst may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Aalst
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 29 millimetres of rain falls on Aalst each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C