Zagori's upscale hotels make it a great destination for luxury-minded travellers, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the mountains, spas and restaurants. Cosy and welcoming, this city also attracts visitors with its rafting, cheese and hiking.
- There are 21 Zagori hotels
- January is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas June is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Ioannina (IOA-Ioannina National), 12.8 mi (20.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Zagori
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks to visit, including Rogovou Monastery, Monastery of Voutsa, and Monastery of Saint Paraskevi
- The mountains, hiking trails and gardens provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Vikos Gorge, Tymfi Mountain, and Dragon Lake
Staying in Zagori
With 25 hotels and other accommodation options in Zagori, you'll find a holiday retreat at an affordable rate. There are 14 hotels ranging from GBP 36 to GBP 88 per night.
Seeking a boutique hotel or cosy spot? You might like these highly rated, small-scale inns and unique hotels:
- Gaia Guesthouse
- Saxonis Houses
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Gaia Guesthouse with a 5 out of 5 user rating, whereas Saxonis Houses has a 4.9 rating by guests.
Dressing for Zagori
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 25°C, while the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 21°C and nighttime averages of 3°C
- Average annual rainfall for Zagori is 25 millimetres