Visitors to Winterthur are sure to enjoy the restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art, museums and waterfalls. Swiss Science Center Technorama, Shopping Center Glatt and Zoo Zurich are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 353 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Zürich
- The closest major airport is in Zurich (ZRH), 8.3 mi (13.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Winterthur
Cultural venues in the city include Swiss Science Center Technorama, Villa Flora and Casinotheater. Shopping is a favourite activity, so consider an excursion to Rosenberg Shopping Centre and Lokwerk Shopping Centre. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Eishalle Deutweg and Wildpark Bruderhaus.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Winterthur. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Depot 195 - Hostel Winterthur - With a stay at this 2-star hostel, guests can enjoy access to a bar and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Best Western Hotel Wartmann am Bahnhof - Our customers love the overall value and quiet rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Park Hotel Winterthur Swiss Quality - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Top places to visit around the area include Shopping Center Glatt, 8.8 mi/14.2 km from the heart of the city, and Zoo Zurich, which is 10.7 mi (17.2 km) away.
Getting around Winterthur
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Winterthur is a breeze. Head over to Winterthur Seen S-Bahn to catch the metro. If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Winterthur Station, Winterthur Grüze Station or Winterthur Oberwinterthur Station.
Dressing for Winterthur
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 23°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the night-time average
- Winterthur gets about 37 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 24°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 0°C