Visitors can enjoy all that Varde has to offer including the monuments, golf courses and parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's beaches, museums and restaurants.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodation options in Varde
- The closest major airport is in Esbjerg (EBJ), 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Billund (BLL), 27.4 mi (44.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Varde
Favourite places to visit in the city include Wadden Sea National Park, Varde Museum and Varde Golf Club. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Varde Footballgolf and Norholm Gods.
Below is a top-rated accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Arnbjerg - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and room size.
Top places to visit in the area include Legoland® Billund Resort, located 26.5 mi (42.7 km) from the city centre, and Lego House, which is 25.9 mi (41.6 km) away.
Getting around Varde
If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Varde Vest Station, Varde Station or Varde Frisvadvej Station. Varde might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Varde
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 8°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and -2°C as the night-time average
- Varde gets about 33 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while December and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -2°C