Visitors can enjoy all that Vaasa has to offer including the museums, shopping and churches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, entertainment choices and monuments.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodation options in Vaasa
- The closest major airport is in Vaasa (VAA), 5.8 mi (9.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Vaasa
The city is notable for landmarks like Vasaa Market Square, Old Market Hall and Water Tower. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Rewell Shopping Center is a favourite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Tropiclandia and St. Nicholas Church.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Vaasa. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Astor - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free Internet. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna - Our customers like the breakfast at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Scandic Vaasa - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting around Vaasa
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Vaasa Station. Vaasa might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Vaasa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 3°C during the day and -12°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is -4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 5°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 10°C and night-time averages of -9°C
- About 18 millimetres of rain falls on Vaasa each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -10°C