Visiting Tuxtla Gutierrez
Visitors to Tuxtla Gutierrez are sure to enjoy the restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's zoo, local tours and parks. Top sights in the city include Marimba Park and Tuxtla Guitierrez Central Square.
- There are 69 hotels and other accommodation options in Tuxtla Gutierrez
- The closest major airport is in Tuxtla Gutierrez (TGZ-Angel Albino Corzo Intl), 14.8 mi (23.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Tuxtla Gutierrez
Cultural venues in the city include Museum of the City of Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Coffee Museum and Emilio Rabasa Theater. Favourite family attractions include Miguel Alvarez del Toro Zoo and Parque Convivencia Infantil. The city is notable for landmarks like Tuxtla Guitierrez Central Square, Chiapa de Corzo Plaza and San Marcos Cathedral.
In San Fernando, you'll find 69 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning easier for your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Diverxo Hotel & Villas - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Hilton Garden Inn Tuxtla Gutierrez - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Fiesta Inn Tuxtla Fashion Mall - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Tuxtla Gutierrez include Marimba Park. A top sight in the surrounding area is Canon del Sumidero National Park, 6.7 mi/10.8 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Tuxtla Gutierrez
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 34°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 16°C
- From April to June, the average is 35°C during the day and 19°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 17°C as the night-time average
- Tuxtla Gutierrez gets about 1098 millimetres of rain per year
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 35°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°C