Visitors to Tunis are sure to enjoy the cafes. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, architecture and museums. Top sights in the city include Habib Bourguiba Avenue, Carrefour Market and La Goulette Beach.
- There are 260 hotels and other accommodation options in Tunis
- The closest major airport is in Tunis (TUN-Tunis - Carthage Intl.), 4.1 mi (6.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Tunis
Cultural venues in the city include National Theatre of Tunisia, Bardo Museum and Carthage Museum. Attractions like Dah Dah Happy Land Entertainment Park and Tunis Zoo are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Habib Bourguiba Avenue, Zitouna Mosque, and Bab el Bahr.
In Ariana, you can choose from 260 hotels and other accommodation choices to make it easy to plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Chambre Bleue - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse in Medina of Tunis can enjoy access to a library and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and central location.
- Dar Ben-Gacem - Our customers like the helpful staff at this guesthouse. This 4-star guesthouse in Medina of Tunis features free WiFi, a coffee shop and concierge services.
- Dar Souad - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
Other favourite sights in Tunis include Carrefour Market, La Goulette Beach and La Marsa Beach.
Getting around Tunis
Head over to Palestine Metro Station to catch the metro. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Tunis
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 19°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 7°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 27°C as the daytime average and 8°C as the night-time average
- Tunis gets about 455.70 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 32°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 8°C