Guests are sure to enjoy the beaches, restaurants and island in Trincomalee. Welcoming and relaxing, this seaside city will also delight visitors with its whale watching, boating and seafood.
- There are 10 Trincomalee hotels
- December is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas November is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 132.9 mi (213.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Trincomalee
- Whale watching, boating and diving are top activities, whereas sights to visit include Trincomalee Harbour
- Notable landmarks include Sri Pathrakali Temple, Kandaswamy Temple, and St Mary’s Cathedral
- The beaches, the sea and island provide a picturesque setting, and Lovers Leap is one place worth a visit
Staying in Trincomalee
With 21 hotels and other accommodation options in Trincomalee, you'll find a holiday retreat at an affordable rate. There are 6 hotels ranging from GBP 91 to GBP 91 per night.
Looking for a charming locale or stylish getaway? You may appreciate these top-rated, small-scale inns and unique hotels:
- Trinco Blu by Cinnamon
Trinco Blu by Cinnamon, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.5 out of 5 user rating. Also Anantamaa has a 4.2 rating by guests.
Dressing for Trincomalee
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 33°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 25°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 32°C as the daytime average and 23°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Trincomalee is 62 millimetres