Search Hotels in Trakai
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 23 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 24 Aug 2020
Pocket Guide: Trakai
Trakai's upscale hotels make it a great destination for luxury-minded travellers, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the forests, restaurants and castle. Relaxing and welcoming, this lakefront city also attracts visitors with its sailing and cycling.
- There are 4 Trakai hotels
- September is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas May is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Vilnius (VNO-Vilnius Intl.), 13.8 mi (22.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Trakai
- Popular cultural attractions include Karaites Ethnographic Museum, Trakai History Museum, and Karaim Ethnographic Exhibition
- Its castle and historic sites are notable, and landmarks include Uzutrakis Manor Estate, Town Hall Square, and Gates of Dawn
- The lakes and forests exemplify the area's natural beauty, and some places to consider are Vingis Park and Gediminas Tower
Staying in TrakaiSeeking a romantic getaway or boutique stay? You might like these top-rated, small-scale inns and unique hotels:
- IDW Esperanza Resort
A favourite with Expedia travellers is IDW Esperanza Resort with a 5 out of 5 user rating, whereas TonyResort has a 5 rating by guests.
Dressing for Trakai
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 7°C during the day and -8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, while the average at night is 0°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 6°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 13°C and nighttime averages of -5°C
- Average annual rainfall for Trakai is 641 millimetres