Visitors to Tirana are sure to enjoy the cafes and museums. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, mountain views and opera houses. A top sight in the city is Ministry of Defense.
- There are 179 hotels and other accommodation options in Tirana
- The closest major airport is in Tirana (TIA-Nene Tereza Intl.), 8.2 mi (13.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Ohrid (OHD-St. Paul the Apostle), 49.2 mi (79.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tirana
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include National Museum of History, National Art Gallery and Bunk’Art. The city is notable for landmarks like Skanderbeg Square, Et'Hem Bey Mosque and Pyramid. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ministry of Defense and National Bank of Albania.
In Nikël, you'll find 179 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily organise your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Plaza Tirana - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its proximity to shopping and room size.
- The Rooms Hotel, Residence & Spa - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, 5 restaurants and free breakfast.
- Rogner Hotel Tirana - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Blloku can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Dressing for Tirana
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 18°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Tirana gets about 1270 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 3°C