Guests will want to experience the beaches, waterskiing and safaris in Thasos. Visitors who travel to this scenic landscape, welcoming city can discover its cafes, hiking and diving.
- There are 40 Thasos hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas March is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Kavala (KVA-Alexander the Great Intl.), 17.5 mi (28.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Thasos
- Waterskiing, going on safari and diving are top activities, whereas sights to visit include Prinos Harbor and Port of Thasos
- Popular cultural attractions include Museaum Polygnotou Vagi, Polygnotos Vagis Museum, and Olive Museum
- Notable landmarks include Moni Arhangelou, Panagia & Potamia, and Archaeological Museum
- The beaches, hiking trails and mountains highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Pefkari Beach, Metalia Beach, and Paradise Beach
Getting around Thasos
There are plenty of options for getting around Thasos. You can explore your options for water transport at the port.
Staying in Thasos
In Thasos there are 64 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate:
- 26 hotels, ranging from GBP 20/night to GBP 134/night
- 5 aparthotels, ranging from GBP 56/night to GBP 64/night
- 6 apartments
For trips with large groups, you might consider a larger hotel like the highly rated Ilio Mare Hotels & Resorts.
Searching for a romantic getaway or boutique stay? You may appreciate these traveler-recommended, one-of-a-kind properties and small hotels:
- Mare Monte Small Boutique Hotel
Pavlidis, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are Mare Monte Small Boutique Hotel and Ilio Mare Hotels & Resorts.
Dressing for Thasos
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 14°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around -1°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 23°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Thasos is 24 millimetres