Visitors to Taiping are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting, gardens and water parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's zoo and golf courses. A top sight in the city is Zoo Taiping & Night Safari.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodation options in Taiping
- The closest major airport is in Ipoh (IPH-Sultan Azlan Shah), 34 mi (54.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Taiping
The city is notable for landmarks like Bukit Larut, All Saints’ Church and Taiping War Cemetery. The lakes and gardens exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Taiping Lake Garden and Bukit Merah Lake Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Zoo Taiping & Night Safari and Taiping Golf & Country Club.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 36 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Taiping. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Novotel Taiping Perak - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its central location and room size.
- Louis Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Legend Inn Taiping - This 3.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a coffee shop. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Taiping
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 32°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 22°C
- From April to June, the average is 32°C during the day and 23°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 23°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Taiping is 65 millimetres
- March and February are usually the hottest months averaging 32°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°C