Visitors to Szczecin are sure to enjoy the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, museums and theatres. Top sights in the city include Cathedral Basilica of St. James the Apostle, Pomeranian Dukes' Castle and National Museum of Szczecin.
- There are 80 hotels and other accommodation options in Szczecin
- The closest major airport is in Szczecin (SZZ-Solidarnosc), 18 mi (28.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Heringsdorf (HDF), 35.7 mi (57.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Szczecin
Cultural venues in the city include National Museum of Szczecin, Kana Theatre and Szczecin Maritime Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Cathedral Basilica of St. James the Apostle, Pomeranian Dukes' Castle, and Tower of Seven Coats. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and such places to visit as Rose Garden and Jan Kasprowicz Park.
In Police, there are 80 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Zamek Centrum - This 4-star hotel in Srodmiescie features a winery, free breakfast and a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Amber Suite Szczecin Adults Only - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Srodmiescie can enjoy access to free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Hotel Dana Business & Conference - This 4-star hotel in Srodmiescie features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting around Szczecin
If you want to venture outside the area, hop aboard a train at Szczecin Central Station. Szczecin might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Szczecin
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -3°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Szczecin is 533 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 23°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -2°C