Visitors can enjoy all that Stronsay has to offer including its monuments. A top sight in the city is North Sea.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Kirkwall (KOI), 15.3 mi (24.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Stronsay
A favourite place to visit in the city is North Sea. You'll also find Balfour Castle and St. Magnus Cathedral in the area.
As you plan for your holiday to Stronsay, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of the city, but you can select from 26 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- The Ayre Hotel is located 15.5 mi (25 km) from the heart of Stronsay. This 3-star hotel in Kirkwall features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- The Inn Guest House is 18.8 mi (30.3 km) from central Stronsay. Guests who stay at this 3-star guesthouse in Holm can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Albert Hotel is 15.5 mi (24.9 km) from the centre of Stronsay. This 3-star hotel in Kirkwall features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Stronsay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 8°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 15°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 16°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 12°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Stronsay gets about 830.40 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 15°C, whereas February and March are often coldest, averaging 2°C