Visiting Stari Grad
Stari Grad has accommodation options for budget-minded travellers, though all guests will enjoy the restaurants and beaches. Welcoming and walkable, this seaside city also attracts visitors with its boating and bars.
- There are 5 Stari Grad hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas March is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Brac Island (BWK), 7.5 mi (12 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Stari Grad
- Top activities include taking a ferry and boating, whereas Dubovica Beach, Bol Catamaran Terminal, and Bol Marina are great sights to visit
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks to visit, including Tvrdalj Castle, Church of St. Peter, and Purkin Kuk
- The beaches and the sea highlight the natural beauty, and Lanterna Beach, Zlatni Rat Beach, and Vidova Hora are several places worth visiting
Getting around Stari Grad
There are many transport options in Stari Grad. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local marina.
Staying in Stari Grad
For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider these top-rated, larger hotels:
- Hotel Lavanda
- Hotel Arkada
Seeking a charming or small, stylish hotel? You may appreciate Heritage Villa Apolon.
Heritage Villa Apolon, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are Hotel Lavanda and Hotel Arkada.
Dressing for Stari Grad
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 16°C during the day and 5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, while the average at night is 9°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 30°C with night-time averages of 16°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 23°C and nighttime averages of 6°C
- About 32 millimetres of rain falls on Stari Grad each year