Visiting St Helens
Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in St Helens, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the seafood restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its waterfront. Top sights around the area include Binalong Bay and Bay of Fires.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodation options in St Helens
- The closest major airport is in Launceston, TAS (LST), 53.7 mi (86.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in St Helens
The picturesque setting of St Helens Waterfront and Percy Steel Reserve exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Cerise Brook Orchard and Family Golf Course to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in St Helens. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- NRMA St Helens Waterfront Holiday Park - This 3.5-star holiday park features free WiFi, free parking and a games room. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and convenient parking.
- Homelea Accommodation - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this motel. Amenities at this 4-star motel include free WiFi and free parking.
- Tidal Waters Resort - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Binalong Bay, 7.4 mi/11.9 km from the heart of the city, and Bay of Fires, which is 9.5 mi (15.2 km) away.
Dressing for St Helens
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 17°C with night-time averages of 2°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and night-time averages of 5°C
- About 25 millimetres of rain falls on St Helens each year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 3°C