Search Hotels in St. Gallen
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting St. Gallen
History buffs enjoy visiting St. Gallen though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's its breweries, monuments and museums.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodation options in St. Gallen
- The closest major airport is in Altenrhein (ACH-St. Gallen - Altenrhein), 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Friedrichshafen (FDH-Friedrichshafen - Lake Constance), 18.4 mi (29.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in St. Gallen
Cultural venues in the city include Textile Museum, Theater St. Gallen and Beer Bottle Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Abbey of St. Gall, Abbey Library of Saint Gall, and St. Laurenzen Church. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Grand Casino St. Gallen and Kybunpark.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in St. Gallen. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Oberwaid Hotel - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hotel one66 - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a bar.
- NewStar Swiss Quality Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting around St. Gallen
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from St. Gallen Station or St. Gallen St. Fiden Station. St. Gallen might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for St. Gallen
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and -1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 26°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- About 740.80 millimetres of rain falls on St. Gallen each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 24°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 0°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in St. Gallen?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in St. Gallen, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in St. Gallen?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to St. Gallen?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to St. Gallen?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in St. Gallen?
What's the best high-end place to stay in St. Gallen?
Where's the best place to stay in St. Gallen to absorb the local history?
What's the best hotel for a ski holiday in St. Gallen?
What are some accommodation options with pools in St. Gallen?
St. Gallen Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in St. Gallen by Star Rating
- Hotels near St. Gallen Airports
- Accommodation near St. Gallen Attractions
- More accommodation types in St. Gallen
- Choose Your St. Gallen Hotel Style
- Search St. Gallen Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in St. Gallen
- Hotels Near St. Gallen, Canton of St. Gallen
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends