Search Hotels in Southern Sweden
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 9 Mar 2020
Reviewed on 6 Jan 2020
Where to stay in Southern Sweden
4.5/5Wonderful!(98 area reviews)
Centrum is known for its ample dining options, and you can make a stop by Malmo Town Hall (Radhuset) and Lilla Torg while in the area.
4.5/5Wonderful!(185 area reviews)
Museums, historical sites and theme parks highlight some notable features of Centrum. Make a stop by Liseberg Amusement Park or Poseidon Statue while you're visiting, and jump aboard the metro at Berzeliigatan Tram Stop or Korsvägen Tram Stop to get around town.
If you're spending some time in Innerstaden, Almedalen and Visby Ringmur are top sights worth seeing.
Visitors to Vastra Hamnen enjoy its beaches, and if you want to do some exploring, HSB Turning Torso is worth a stop.
4/5Very Good!(13 area reviews)
Unique features of Vaster include the shopping and bars. Make a stop by Emporia or Malmo Arena while you're exploring the area.
Visiting Southern Sweden
History buffs will enjoy exploring Southern Sweden, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its cafes, sightseeing tours and museums. Top sights in the city include Liseberg Amusement Park, Universeum and Gothenburg Museum of Art.
- There are 1832 hotels and other accommodation options in Southern Sweden
- The closest major airport is in Jonkoping (JKG-Axamo), 22.6 mi (36.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Vaxjo (VXO-Smaland), 39.7 mi (63.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Southern Sweden
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Universeum, Gothenburg Museum of Art and Gothenburg City Museum. Families come for attractions such as Liseberg Amusement Park, Skara Sommarland and Kolmarden Zoo. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like HSB Turning Torso, St Petri Kyrka, and Lilla Torg.
In Varberg, there are 1832 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily organise your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Kaptensvillan - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Villamilsten Bed & Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Thorskogs Slott - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
Other favourite sights in Southern Sweden include Gothenburg Opera, Maritima Museum and Botanic Gardens.
Getting around Southern Sweden
With so many ways to get around, exploring Southern Sweden is simple. Nearby metro stations include Komettorget Tram Stop, Rymdtorget Tram Stop and Östra Hospital Tram Stop. If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Hok Station, Malmbäck Station or Vaggeryd Station.
More trip options
- Hotels in Southern Sweden by Star Rating
- Hotels near Southern Sweden Airports
- Areas of Southern Sweden
- Accommodation near Southern Sweden Attractions
- More accommodation types in Southern Sweden
- Choose Your Southern Sweden Hotel Style
- Search Southern Sweden Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Southern Sweden
- Hotels Near Southern Sweden, Sweden
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends