Search Hotels in Southern Louisiana
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 5 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 24 Aug 2020
Visiting Southern Louisiana
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Southern Louisiana, and visitors give high marks for the casinos, fun sporting events and festivals. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, restaurants and entertainment. Top sights in the city include Cajundome and Lake Charles Civic Center.
- There are 436 hotels and other accommodation options in Southern Louisiana
- The closest major airport is in Lafayette, LA (LFT-Lafayette Regional), 11.7 mi (18.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Southern Louisiana
The city is well known for its live music and festivals, and cultural venues include Acadian Village, Children's Museum Lake Charles and International Petroleum Museum and Exposition. Families come for attractions such as Vermilionville, Williams Avenue Recreation Center and Grand Isle Butterfly Dome. The city is notable for landmarks like Atchafalaya Basin Bridge, Cathedral of St John and Vermilionville Historic Village.
Other top sights in Southern Louisiana include Cajundome and Lake Charles Civic Center.
Getting around Southern Louisiana
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Lafayette Station, New Iberia Station or Lake Charles Station. Southern Louisiana may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
More trip options
- Hotels in Southern Louisiana by Star Rating
- Hotels near Southern Louisiana Airports
- Areas of Southern Louisiana
- Accommodation near Southern Louisiana Attractions
- More accommodation types in Southern Louisiana
- Choose Your Southern Louisiana Hotel Style
- Search Southern Louisiana Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Southern Louisiana
- Hotels Near Southern Louisiana, Louisiana
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends