Visitors can enjoy all that Sonderjylland has to offer including the monuments, art and safari tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's beaches and golf courses.
- There are 410 hotels and other accommodation options in Sonderjylland
- The closest major airport is in Sylt (GWT), 21.4 mi (34.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Sonderborg (SGD), 36.5 mi (58.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sonderjylland
Cultural venues in the city include Hojer Mill and Marsh Museum, Haderslev Museum and Wadden Sea. Attractions like Dyrehaven Ved Haderslev, Haderslev Domkirke and Danfoss Universe are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Schackenborg Castle, Mogeltonder Church and Froslev Internment Camp.
In Rodenäs, you can choose from 410 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel & Restaurant Fakkelgaarden - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Agerskov Kro og Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Enjoy Resorts Rømø - This 4-star hotel in Sønderstrand features a full-service spa, a golf course and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its dining options and location.
Getting around Sonderjylland
If you want to journey outside the area, ride aboard a train from Tønder Station, Tønder Nord Station or Bredebro Visby Station. Sonderjylland may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Sonderjylland
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 8°C and the night-time average to be -2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 0°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Sonderjylland is 35 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of -1°C