History buffs and families enjoy visiting Selma though all visitors are sure to find plenty to see and do. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, architecture and monuments.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodation options in Selma
- The closest major airport is in Montgomery, AL (MGM-Montgomery Regional), 32.6 mi (52.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Selma
Cultural venues in the city include National Voting Rights Museum, Old Depot Museum and Museum of Slavery and Civil Rights. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Edmund Pettus Bridge, Old Live Oak Cemetery, and Brown Chapel AME Church. Additionally, you might want to add Yates Lake to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Selma. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Selma - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Comfort Inn Edmund Pettus Bridge area - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and breakfast at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Quality Inn Edmund Pettus Bridge area - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Selma
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 33°C with night-time averages of 14°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 28°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- Selma gets about 1297.80 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 33°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 2°C