Visitors can enjoy all that Schluechtern has to offer including its museums. A top sight in the area is Wasserkuppe.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodation options in Schluechtern
- The closest major airport is in Frankfurt (FRA-Frankfurt Intl.), 48.3 mi (77.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Schluechtern
Notable city landmarks like Burg Brandenstein and Burg Steckelberg might be worth a visit. Additionally, you might want to add Bergwinkelmuseum to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday to Schluechtern, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 35 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Landgasthof Druschel is located 3.6 mi (5.7 km) from the city centre. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Schluechtern can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- AKZENT Hotel Stadt Schlüchtern is 1.4 mi (2.2 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Schluechtern can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Gasthof Hausmann is located within 1.4 mi (2.3 km) of the city centre. This 3-star guesthouse in Schluechtern features a restaurant, free WiFi and a business centre.
A top sight outside the city is Wasserkuppe, 19.4 mi/31.3 km from the centre of the city.
Getting around Schluechtern
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Schlüchtern Station. Schluechtern might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Schluechtern
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 22°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and -1°C at night
- Schluechtern gets about 23 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 22°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -2°C