Visitors to Sarajevo are sure to enjoy the cafes and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its jazz scene. Top sights in the city include National Museum of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ali Pasha's Mosque and Eternal Flame.
- There are 235 hotels and other accommodation options in Sarajevo
- The closest major airport is in Sarajevo (SJJ-Sarajevo Intl.), 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Sarajevo
Cultural venues in the city include National Museum of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bosnian History Museum and Sarajevo Tunnel Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Ali Pasha's Mosque, Eternal Flame, and Serb Orthodox Cathedral. The picturesque setting of Vrelo Bosne and Mt. Trebevic exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Ilidža, there are 235 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Story - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Old Town can enjoy access to free breakfast and a coffee shop, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Harmony Sarajevo - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Swissotel Sarajevo - This 5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast and an indoor pool. Expedia customers like its pool and convenient parking.
Other favourite sights in Sarajevo include Cathedral of Jesus' Heart, Latin Bridge and Gazi Husrev-Beg Mosque.
Dressing for Sarajevo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 13°C and the night-time average to be -6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -3°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Sarajevo is 32 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of -5°C