Visiting Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
Visitors to Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and golf courses. Top sights around the area include Wolfgangsee, Imperial Villa and Park and Church of St. Michael.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodation options in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
- The closest major airport is in Salzburg (SZG-W.A. Mozart), 20.9 mi (33.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Linz (LNZ-Hoersching), 49 mi (78.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
The city's cultural venues include St. Wolfgang Puppet Museum and Michael Pacher-Haus. Notable city landmarks like Schafberg Railway and Pilgrimage Church of St. Wolfgang might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and Wolfgangsee.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Cortisen am See - This 4.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast and a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Hotel Furian - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a free water park and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Im Weissen Rössl am Wolfgangsee - This 4.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Imperial Villa and Park, 8.6 mi/13.8 km from the heart of the city, and Church of St. Michael, which is 8.9 mi (14.4 km) away.
Dressing for Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 17°C during the day and -3°C at night
- Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut gets about 26 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 23°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of -3°C