Visitors can enjoy all that Sandefjord has to offer including the art, waterfront and seafood restaurants. The walkable and relaxing setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodation options in Sandefjord
- The closest major airport is in Sandefjord (TRF-Torp), 3.4 mi (5.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Sandefjord
The picturesque setting of Oslofjord and Midtasen Sculpture Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sandefjord Museum and The Whaling Monument.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Sandefjord. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Scandic Park Sandefjord - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 4 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Torp Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Clarion Collection Hotel Atlantic - This 3.5-star hotel features a marina, free breakfast and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Getting around Sandefjord
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Sandefjord Station or Sandefjord Torp Station. Sandefjord might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Sandefjord
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 5°C and the night-time average to be -4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 12°C during the day and -3°C at night
- About 938.90 millimetres of rain falls on Sandefjord each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 18°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of -4°C