Great hotel, beautiful grounds, helpful staff.
We stayed at Casa Conde for two nights in late December 2015, during the start of our trip to Costa Rica. It was such a great way to start our holiday!
A couple things to keep in mind:
- This hotel is on the south side of San Jose - about a $35 USD ride from the airport.
- The ride downtown costs around $7-8 each way.
- It's located in a very quiet part of town - no traffic congestion/street noise.
- Breakfast (included) was quite good - beans/rice, fruit, fresh juice, potatoes, toast, cereal, pastries, eggs, etc.
- There's a jacuzzi and a pool on-site.
- There's a bar with some bar-type foods (fried finger foods). The finger foods are only available at the bar, not the restaurant!
- The restaurant menu was pretty limited, but perfect for having a quick meal. The guacamole and the tres leches cake were the best I've had in Costa Rica!
- The room was clean, and had basic amenities (soap, shampoo, etc.), wifi, clean towels, etc.
- We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with a full kitchen, as well as a washer/dryer if we wanted to use it.
- The shared living area included a small dining table.
- Sadly, the jacuzzi wasn't working while we were there, but it was quite large and in a quiet, secluded spot on the grounds. It looked like it would have been perfect.