Get an overview of this hotelArt Deco boutique hotel in downtown San Francisco
Collecting Nectar Points
Special Offer: Book by 2 August 2017 and collect double Nectar points!
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Popular property highlights
Near downtown shopping
Situated on the cable car line in the downtown shopping district, the boutique hotel is 2 blocks from Union Square and 4 blocks from the Moscone Center and San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA).
Evening wine reception
Hotel Union Square offers coffee and tea each morning and a wine reception in the evenings. The Art Deco-style hotel features wireless Internet access.
32-inch TVs, room service
Hotel Union Square's 131 contemporary guestrooms feature platform beds and custom furnishings. Rooms include air conditioning, 32-inch televisions, room service (limited hours), and wireless Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Hotel Union Square
Originally called the Golden West Hotel when it was built in 1913 for the 1915 Panama Pacific International Exposition, the Art Deco boutique hotel was a favorite of author Dashiell Hammett. Guests of Hotel Union Square receive complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby each morning and enjoy a complimentary evening wine reception. Room service is available from Tad's Steakhouse.
Business-related amenities at this 3.5-star hotel include wireless Internet access, and a penthouse suite, which can be reserved for small meetings and receptions. Guests have complimentary access to a nearby fitness center and receive discounted day passes to a full-service gym. Valet parking is available for a fee.
Hotel Union Square is a smoke-free property.
- Concierge services
- Total number of rooms - 131
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Year Built 1913
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Tours/ticket assistance
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Free reception
- RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 15 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 15.00 per night )
Valet parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Rainfall showerhead
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Down comforter
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Hotel Union Square offers complimentary coffee and tea each morning in the lobby and a wine reception in the evenings. Room service is available from Tad's Steakhouse.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20 per day.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per accommodation, per stay
- Dogs only
- Up to 40 lb
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Resort fee: USD 22.80 per night
- Fitness center access
- Nearby fitness center access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room bottled water
- Additional inclusions
- Breakfast fee: between USD 8 and USD 20 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 15 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 15.00 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 55.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 50 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per day
- Hotel Union Square
- Union Square Hotel
We should mention
Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.