Visitors can enjoy all that Samarkand has to offer including the monuments, mountain views and art. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, spas and architecture.
- There are 43 hotels and other accommodation options in Samarkand
- The closest major airport is in Samarkand (SKD-Samarkand Intl.), 4.7 mi (7.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Samarkand
The city is notable for landmarks like Registan Square, Sher Dor Madrasah and Bibi-Khonym Mosque. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are St. Aleksyi Orthodox Church and Tillya Kori Madrasah.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 43 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Samarkand. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- L'Argamak Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Platan - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Royal Palace - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean rooms.
Dressing for Samarkand
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 34°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 34°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the night-time average
- About 12 millimetres of rain falls on Samarkand each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 33°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°C