Families and budget-minded travellers enjoy visiting Rungis though all visitors are sure to find plenty to see and do. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffee shops and seafood restaurants. Top sights around the area include Paris Catacombs, Cartier Foundation for Contemporary Art and AccorHotels Arena.
- You'll find 5146 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Paris
- The closest major airport is in Paris (ORY-Orly), 1.6 mi (2.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Paris (CDG-Roissy-Charles de Gaulle), 20.2 mi (32.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rungis
A favourite place to visit in the city is Espace Jean Monnet. Additionally, in the area you'll find Paris Catacombs and Cartier Foundation for Contemporary Art.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Rungis. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ibis Paris Orly Rungis - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness centre, along with free WiFi.
- Mercure Paris Orly Rungis - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour health club, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include AccorHotels Arena, 6.3 mi/10.1 km from the city centre, and Grande Galerie de l'Evolution, which is 6.4 mi (10.3 km) away.
Getting around Rungis
Local metro stations include Robert Schuman - Silic Park Center Station and Paris Rungis-la-Fraternelle Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Rungis
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 25°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 18°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Rungis is 992 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 24°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C