Search Hotels in Reno
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Where to stay in Reno
3/5(9 area reviews)
The casino-filled core of the city, Reno’s buzzing downtown is in the midst of regeneration and features an attractive Riverwalk area.
3.5/5Good!(2 area reviews)
The first-class casinos and luxurious spas are just a few highlights of Reno/Tahoe Airport. Make a stop by Atlantis Casino or Meadowood Mall while you're exploring the area.
While visiting Midtown, you might make a stop by sights like Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum and Reno Central Library.
If you're spending some time in Northeast Reno, Reno Livestock Events Center and Bonanza Casino are top sights worth seeing.
Travellers to Reno give high marks for the casinos, entertainment choices and lively bar scene. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events, restaurants and riverfront. Top sights in the city include National Bowling Stadium, National Automobile Museum and Nevada Museum of Art.
- There are 114 hotels and other accommodation options in Reno
- The closest major airport is in Reno, NV (RNO-Reno-Tahoe Intl.), 2.6 mi (4.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Truckee, CA (TKF-Truckee Tahoe), 22.9 mi (36.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Reno
Known for its live music, festivals and theatres, the city's cultural venues include National Automobile Museum, Nevada Museum of Art and Nevada Historical Society. Attractions like Fleischmann Planetarium and Science Center, Great Basin Adventure and Sierra Safari Zoo are fun for kids of all ages. Notable city landmarks like Reno Arch and Victorian Square might be worth a visit.
Other favourite sights in Reno include National Bowling Stadium, Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe and Animal Ark. Outside the city, top places to visit include Bowers Mansion, located 16.9 mi (27.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Northstar California Resort, which is 24 mi (38.6 km) away.
Getting around Reno
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Reno Station. Reno might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Reno
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the night-time average to be -4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 31°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 34°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and -4°C at night
- About 177.60 millimetres of rain falls on Reno each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 33°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of -3°C