Visitors to Pula are sure to enjoy the marina and aquarium. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, archaeological sites and casinos. Top sights in the city include Pula Arena, Pula Fortress and Temple of Augustus.
- There are 752 hotels and other accommodation options in Pula
- The closest major airport is in Pula (PUY), 4 mi (6.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Pula
Cultural venues in the city include Historical and Maritime Museum of Istria, Archeological Museum and Istrian Museum of Contemporary Art. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Pula Arena, Pula Fortress, and Temple of Augustus. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Forum and Punta Verudela Beach.
In Medulin, you can choose from 752 hotels and other accommodation options to make it easy to plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Boutique Hostel Joyce - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to parking and concierge services, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Park Plaza Verudela Pula - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a water park, along with in-room LCD TVs.
- Park Plaza Histria Pula - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room sofa bed. Expedia customers like its dining options and convenient parking.
A popular place to see outside the city is Kvarner Gulf, located 29.5 mi (47.4 km) from the city centre.
Getting around Pula
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Pula Station. Pula may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Pula
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 15°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and 3°C at night
- About 947.70 millimetres of rain falls on Pula each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C