Visiting Port Elgin
Visitors to Port Elgin are sure to enjoy the port. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals. A top sight in the city is Lake Huron. In Port Elgin, there are 10 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Elgin
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Lake Huron and Port Elgin Beach. In the area, you'll also find MacGregor Point Provincial Park and Inverhuron Provincial Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Port Elgin. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Super 8 by Wyndham Port Elgin - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Travelodge by Wyndham Port Elgin - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms at this motel. This 2-star motel features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Sand Castle Suites Motel - This 2-star motel features free WiFi, free parking and a 24-hour business centre. Expedia customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Dressing for Port Elgin
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 6°C during the day and -13°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 25°C, whilst the average at night is -3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 25°C with night-time averages of 6°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of -10°C
- Port Elgin gets about 927.20 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 24°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging -12°C