Visitors to Poitiers are sure to enjoy the cathedrals. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, theme park and coffee shops. A top sight in the area is Futuroscope.
- There are 50 hotels and other accommodation options in Poitiers
- The closest major airport is in Poitiers (PIS-Biard), 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Poitiers
The city is notable for its cathedrals and landmarks like Place du Marechal Leclerc, Place Charles de Gaulle, and Poitiers Cathedral. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Notre-Dame la Grande and Saint-Jean Baptistery.
In Fontaine-le-Comte, you'll find 50 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ibis Styles Poitiers Centre - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and central location.
- Mercure Poitiers Centre - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar.
- Best Western Poitiers Centre Le Grand Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Futuroscope, 6.1 mi/9.9 km from the city centre.
Getting around Poitiers
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Poitiers Station. Poitiers might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Poitiers
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Poitiers gets about 997.00 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C