Families enjoy visiting Picayune though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffee shops and golf courses.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodation options in Picayune
- The closest major airport is in Gulfport, MS (GPT-Gulfport - Biloxi Intl.), 33.9 mi (54.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Picayune
A couple of favourite places to visit are Crosby Aboretum and Millbrook Country Club. You'll also find John C. Stennis Space Center and Diamondhead Country Club in the area.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Picayune. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Picayune-Stennis Space Center - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Heritage Inn Picayune - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Getting around Picayune
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Picayune Station. Picayune might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Picayune
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 23°C and the night-time average to be 4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 28°C during the day and 4°C at night
- About 1603 millimetres of rain falls on Picayune each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 5°C