History buffs will enjoy exploring Perigueux, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the a cathedral. This cultural city also attracts tourists with its riverfront.
- There are 42 hotels and other accommodation options in Perigueux
- The closest major airport is in Perigueux (PGX), 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bergerac (EGC-Bergerac - Perigord - Dordogne), 27 mi (43.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Perigueux
Cultural venues in the city include Musee de l'Armee, Museum of Art and Archeology of Perigord and Ville Renaissance. Its historic sites and cathedrals are notable and landmarks include Perigueux Cathedral, Place de la Clautre and Tour de Vésone. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and Jardin des Arenes.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 42 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Perigueux. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Mercure Périgueux Centre - This 4-star hotel features free WiFi, a bar and a coffee shop. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and central location.
- Ibis Périgueux Centre - Our customers like the bar and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Citotel Bristol Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a bar. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and central location.
Getting around Perigueux
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Périgueux Station. Perigueux may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Perigueux
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 26°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Perigueux gets about 839.50 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C