Visitors can enjoy all that Pecos has to offer including the cafes, museums and architecture. Tourists can also enjoy the city's zoo and opera houses. A top sight in the area is McDonald Observatory.
- You'll find 113 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Fort Stockton
- The closest major airport is in Pecos, TX (PEQ-Pecos Municipal), 12.7 mi (20.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Pecos
The city's cultural venues include West of the Pescos Museum and Memory Lane Car Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Buck Jackson Arena and Maxey Park Zoo.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Pecos. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Swiss Chalet Hotel & Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and pool.
- Comfort Suites Pecos - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Cobblestone Hotel & Suites - Pecos - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall condition and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Pecos
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 26°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 37°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 37°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 30°C as the daytime average and -2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Pecos is 294 millimetres
- June and July are usually the hottest months averaging 36°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°C