Visitors can enjoy all that Ostrava has to offer including the museums, theatres and festivals. Tourists can also enjoy the city's zoo, entertainment choices and art. A top sight in the city is Ostravar Arena.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodation options in Ostrava
- The closest major airport is in Ostrava (OSR-Leos Janacek), 12.4 mi (19.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Ostrava
Attractions like Ostrava Zoo and Ostrava Poruba Summer Swimming Pool are fun for everyone, not just kids. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ostravar Arena and Landek Park Mining Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Ostrava. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Villa Ostrava - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and a fitness centre. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Mercure Ostrava Center Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Ostrava City Centre can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour health club, along with free WiFi.
- Imperial Hotel Ostrava - This 4-star hotel in Ostrava City Centre features a restaurant, free WiFi and a health club. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
Getting around Ostrava
If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Ostrava Central Station, Ostrava-Marianske Hory Station or Ostrava-Vitkovice Station. Ostrava might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Ostrava
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and -5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 25°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of -3°C
- Ostrava gets about 22 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 24°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -3°C