History buffs enjoy visiting Olsztyn though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theatres, golf courses and parks.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodation options in Olsztyn
- The closest major airport is in Szczytno (SZY-Szczytno - Szymany Intl.), 27.3 mi (44 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Olsztyn
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as St. James Cathedral. The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of Warmia and Mazury is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Museum of Warmia and Mazury and James Shopping Centre.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Olsztyn. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Hotel Dyplomat - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast and a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
- Kur - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Warmiński Hotel & Conference - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Getting around Olsztyn
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Olsztyn Glowny Station. Olsztyn might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Olsztyn
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 8°C and the night-time average to be -6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September averages 23°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and -3°C at night
- Olsztyn gets about 527.10 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 22°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -5°C