Visitors will want to experience the restaurants, bars, and island views in Oban. This welcoming, seaside city also attracts visitors with its coffeehouses, tours, and shopping.
- There are 2 Oban hotels
- January is the most expensive month to travel here, while July tends to be the cheapest
Sightseeing around Oban
- The island views and seaside highlight the natural beauty, and Millars Beach, Ulva Island, and Observation Rock are some places worth a visit
- Also popular for its ferries, tours, and shopping
Getting around Oban
Oban has plenty of options for transportation. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Staying in Oban
You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Bay Motel Stewart Island, averaging GBP 119.42/night
- South Sea Hotel, averaging GBP 67.88/night
Bay Motel Stewart Island, a 3-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.9 out of 5 user rating. Also South Sea Hotel has a 3.7 rating by guests.
Dressing for Oban
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 9°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, while the average at night is 2°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 15°C with nighttime averages of 2°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 21°C and nighttime averages of 6°C
- Average annual rainfall for Oban is 36 millimetres