Overview of The Dolphin
Choose dates to view prices
Free cancellation on all rooms
You can change or cancel this stay if plans change. Because flexibility matters.
Room, 1 King Bed
Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed
About this area
The Dolphin is located in Newbury. Highclere Castle and Shaw House are local landmarks, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Newbury and Crookham Golf Club and Deanwood Park Golf Course. Thatcham Nature Discovery Centre and 4 Kingdoms Adventure Park are also worth visiting. Our guests appreciate the inn's central location.
- Newbury Town Hall - 5 min walk
- Newbury and Crookham Golf Club - 5 min drive
- Donnington Castle - 8 min drive
- Newbury Racecourse - 9 min drive
- Deanwood Park Golf Course - 9 min drive
- Newbury Station - 7 min walk
- Oxford (OXF) - 41 min drive
- Bumbles - 1 min walk
- Chick-King - 1 min walk
- The Dolphin - 1 min walk
- Pizza 2 Night - 1 min walk
- Coopers Arms - 1 min walk
About this property
Food and drink
Special check-in instructions
- There is no front desk at this property. This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in. Guests arriving late won't be able to check in until the next morning. To make arrangements for check-in, please contact the property ahead of time using the information on the booking confirmation.
- Pets not allowed
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cots (infant beds) are not available.
Payment types accepted at this property
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Property is also known as
- The Dolphin Inn
- The Dolphin Newbury
- The Dolphin Inn Newbury
- Liked: Cleanliness, staff & service, amenities, property conditions & facilities
There may be more elegant accommodations in and around Newbury but there will be none better. This hotel/pub is in the heart of town, and is inviting, comfortable in every respect with upgraded bathroom, large flat screen tv, comfortable king size bed, and welcoming, attentive staff - one of whom assisted us in carrying our bags to the nearby rail station. On site food and beverage was of a high quality and reasonably priced in a convivial pub whose quality was corroborated by the presence of locals enjoying a pint or two over conversation. A European style breakfast was available each morning and prepared us for a good day of exploring at a pace we appreciated. This is THE place to stay when in Newbury. Book it now.