Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Faro, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, beaches, and bars. Welcoming and relaxing, this seaside city also attracts visitors with its shopping and golfing.
- There are 3 Faro hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, while November tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Faro (FAO-Faro Intl.), 1.3 mi (2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Faro
- Top activities include exploring the waterfront and golfing, while Vilamoura Marina, Faro Marina, and Pinheiros Altos Golf Course are favourite sights to visit
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks to visit including Carmo Church, Loule Castle, and Faro Jewish Heritage Centre
- The beach and seaside highlight the natural beauty, and Falesia Beach, Antonio Sergio Park, and Faro Island Beach are some places worth a visit
Getting around Faro
Faro has many options for getting around. You can travel down to the marina to find out about water transportation.
Staying in Faro
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Hospedaria Frangaria, averaging GBP 61.13/night
- Ibis Faro Algarve, averaging GBP 49.82/night
Hospedaria Frangaria, a 3-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.2 out of 5 user rating. Also ibis Faro Algarve has a 3.7 rating by guests.
Dressing for Faro
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, while the average at night is 11°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 29°C with nighttime averages of 17°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 25°C and nighttime averages of 9°C
- About 25 millimetres of rain falls on Faro each year